Chocolate Cupcakes with Cherry Frosting are a great dessert for anyone who loves chocolate and cherries.
Chocolate and cherries are a perfect flavor combination. It is especially delicious when combined in desserts. One of our favorite chocolate cherry desserts are Chocolate Cupcakes with Cherry Frosting. Each chocolate cupcake is covered with cherry buttercream frosting. Then topped with a maraschino cherry and chocolate drizzle. Chocolate Cupcakes with Cherry Frosting are a great dessert for anyone who loves chocolate and cherries.
- 1¾ cup flour
- 1½ cup white sugar
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1½ tsp. baking soda
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup hot coffee
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 Tbs. milk
- 2 Tbs. maraschino cherry juice
- 30 maraschino cherries
- Melted chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line cupcake tins with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add eggs, milk, vanilla extract and butter. Mix with an electric mixer mix for 2 minutes. Then hand stir in the coffee.
- Pour the batter into the cupcake liners until ⅔ full.
- Bake for 22 minutes, or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in pans for 5 minutes and then place cupcakes onto wire racks to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter.
- Gradually beat in the powdered sugar alternately with the milk and cherry juice.
- Beat until fluffy.
- Pipe or spread frosting onto each cooled cupcake.
- Top each cupcake with a maraschino cherry and drizzle with the melted chocolate.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.