St. Patrick’s Day Muddy Buddies are a delicious kid friendly snack or dessert treat that everyone will enjoy.
St. Patrick’s Day is just around the corner. My family has been celebrating by making cute crafts and food. One of the themed treats. we are currently enjoying are my St. Patrick’s Day Muddy Muddies. If you don’t know what muddy buddies also known as puppy chow are, they are rice cereal squares covered in melted chocolate and peanut butter that are tossed in powdered sugar. For. St. Patrick’s Day Muddy Muddies, they have Lucky Charm marshmallows mixed throughout the snack mixture. St. Patrick’s Day Muddy Muddies are a delicious St. Patrick’s Day treat that kids will love.
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 cups rice cereal squares
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup Lucky Charms marshmallows
- In a large microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter for 1 minute. Stir mixture until smooth (microwave longer if needed). Stir in the vanilla extract. Add cereal and mix until coated. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Spoon cereal mixture into a large plastic bag. Add powdered sugar and shake the sealed bag until coated. Mix in marshmallows.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.