Cinnamon Sugar French Toast Sticks are a fun, kid friendly breakfast.
My family loves eating french toast for breakfast. But it can get messy with my child wanting to cut it herself. I started making a kid friendly version which are French Toast Sticks. It is traditional french toast that is cut into strips to make eating easier. If you want a sweet version, you add cover the french toast sticks in cinnamon sugar to make Cinnamon Sugar French Toast Sticks. Kids will love dipping the Cinnamon Sugar French Toast Sticks into maple syrup.
- 12 slices Texas Toast bread
- 4 eggs
- 1¼ cup milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- Cut each slice of bread into 3 pieces.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla extract and cinnamon.
- Dip a bread stick into the egg mixture until coated. Repeat process with remaining slices.
- In a skillet or griddle, melt one tablespoon of butter over medium heat. Place dipped bread sticks onto griddle and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden bread.
- In a bowl, combine the white sugar and cinnamon. As soon as the french toast sticks are done cooking, roll each stick into the cinnamon sugar mixture.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.