Gingersnap Cookie Butter is a delicious spread that is great on waffles, ice cream or anything that needs some gingersnap yumminess.
Even since I tried cookie butter, I have been addicted to it. It’s great on waffles, ice cream, apples, as a dip or by the spoonful. I started making my own cookie butter at home since my favorite brand in not available in my local area. Of course, I love the classic version of cookie butter, but I also like to experiment with different types of cookies. I had leftover gingersnap cookies in my cupboard from making a gingersnap crust awhile back. Instead of throwing them out, I decided to make them into Gingersnap Cookie Butter.
- 8 oz. box of gingersnap cookies
- 2 Tbs. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. molasses
- 1 Tbs. vegetable oil
- ½ cup water, or until desired consistency
- In a food processor, process gingersnap cookies into fine crumbs.
- Add in brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla then process until blended.
- While processing, add in molasses and vegetable oil. Then add in water until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Store cookie butter in an airtight container in the fridge.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.