Football Brownie Pops are the perfect chocolate dessert for football parties. They are a fun and festive way to enjoy brownies during football season.
It’s football season which means attending or hosting football watching parties. Besides having delicious party food to feed your guests, you also need to serve a great dessert. Some of my favorite football party desserts are brownies like my Snickers Football Field Brownies. Another brownie dessert I like to make are my Football Brownie Pops. They are basically brownies shaped into footballs and covered in a chocolate coating on top of lollipop sticks.
To make brownie pops, you need to make a tray of brownies and crumble the brownies once cooled. Then form the crumbs into balls and shape into footballs. The footballs are placed in the fridge for an hour or more. Once chilled, the footballs are placed on a lollipop stick and dipped in melted chocolate wafers. After the chocolate coating hardens, the Football Brownie Pops are decorated with football laces using melted white wafers. Football Brownie Pops are the perfect chocolate dessert for football parties.
- 18.3 oz. box of family-size fudge brownie mix
- 24 oz. bag of brown melting wafers
- Wilton Candy Melts EZ Thin Dipping Aid, shortening or oil for thinning
- 20 lollipop sticks
- 8 oz. or smaller bag of white melting wafers
- Bake brownies according to package directions. Allow brownies to cool completely.
- In a bowl, crumble brownies into crumbs.
- Form brownie crumbs into 1½ inch balls and shape into football shapes. Place balls covered in the fridge for an hour or more.
- Melt brown wafers in the microwave on 50% power for 30 second intervals. Stirring after each interval until melted. If mixture is thick, thin by using Wilton Candy Melts EZ Thin Dipping Aid, or mixing in 1 tsp. shortening or oil at a time until desired thinness.
- Remove several brownie balls from the fridge at a time.
- Dip ½ inch of a lollipop stick into the melted wafers and insert it almost half way into a brownie ball. Allow the brownie pop to rest for 30 seconds or a minute to let the melted wafers harden onto the stick.
- Dip the brownie ball fully into the melted wafers while holding onto the stick.
- After dipping, gently tap and rotate the stick to remove the excess candy coating. Allow candy coating to harden.
- Melt white wafers in the microwave on 50% power for 30 second intervals. Stirring after each interval until melted. Using a decorating bag or toothpick, draw the football laces onto the coated brownie pops with the melted white wafers.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.