Instead of eating the same plain french toast in the morning, enjoy Orange Juice French Toast for a refreshing breakfast.
My family are big breakfast eaters. I always make sure our freezer is stocked with homemade waffles, french toast and pancakes to heat up in the morning. We were running low on french toast and I needed to make another batch. I like to make a variety of french toast by using different spices, soaks and coatings. I looked around my kitchen for an idea and found a container of orange juice in the fridge. Orange juice is the perfect breakfast drink so I decided to use it to make Orange Juice French Toast for a refreshing breakfast.
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup orange juice
- ½ cup milk
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 12 slices Texas Toast bread
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, orange juice, milk and cinnamon.
- Dip each slice of bread into the egg mixture until coated. Repeat process with remaining slices.
- In a skillet or griddle, melt one tablespoon of butter over medium heat. Place dipped bread slice onto griddle and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden bread.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.